Summer is almost upon us. June has arrived, and most people are thinking about vacations and the summer sun. Others are thinking about the health of their companies mid-year, and it's time to do some major planning for the future of the business. For single-member companies, you're left wondering, "should I host a business retreat and have a meeting with myself?" Short answer, yes you should!
It might sound silly to plan a meeting with yourself, but it's not. In fact, it's important for the future of your company. As a single-member company, you may also think you're the only paid person on your team, but this is also NOT true. As a company, you are paying web hosts, content creators, manufactures, and office building landlords to help grow your business. Their performance, how much you pay them, and whether your business relationships are working should all be decided at your work retreat or at least reviewed at your work retreat.
So, how should you plan for a successful work retreat? Here are a few tips:
- Make a list of all the topics up for review during your week-long retreat. You would have one major topic for every day.
- Make decisions but don't be afraid to put things in the "Parking Lot" for further review later.
- Plan your lunches and dinners for the week in advance. Yes, self-care is important.
- Don't be so hard on yourself. Rome wasn't built in a day, and that goes for your business. This is a marathon, darling, not a sprint.
- Finally, plan to take a full week off work after the retreat. You will thank yourself later. Go do something amazing. Treat yourself because you've earned it.
I hope these tips helped you plan for a successful business retreat. As always, stay Creative Thinkers.